The Manage tab lists the builds that are available for each project. You create a build for your Mix.asr, Mix.nlu, and Mix.dialog resources so that you can use them in your runtime application.
To display the builds for a project:
- In Mix.dashboard, click the Manage tab.
- In the left-hand pane, expand the Builds section and select the project.
The builds for this project are displayed.
To get more information about a version, click the arrow beside the Created date. Information listed includes:
- The build type and version number
- The locales used in the version
- The source used to build the model, if any
- Status of the build:
- Successful builds are listed as completed
- Failed builds are listed in red front and as failed. A downloadable CSV file is available for failed NLU builds. You can use this file as an error log to locate errors in your NLU build
- If you imported Mix domains into your project and used them to build the model
By default, all build types (that is, ASR, NLU, and Dialog) are displayed. To see a specific type of build, click All build types and select the type of builds you want to see.
You build your resources on the Manage tab, which lets you build Mix.asr, Mix.nlu, and Mix.dialog resources and generate a version.
Note that you require for each project, or locale if your project includes multiple languages/locales, at least one sample sentence that is either intent-assigned or annotation-assigned. Be sure to verify samples.
- In Mix.dashboard, click the Manage tab.
- From the menu on the left, click Builds and select the project.
- Click the Build button.
- Specify the builds to create.
Nuance recommends that you always build both your ASR and NLU models at the same time.
- (As required) In the Locale(s) area, remove any locales you wish to exclude from ASR and NLU models. You can always add the locale back later. At least one locale is required. Each locale must contain at least one sample sentence.
Note: Locale buttons can have the following colors:
- Blue: Locale is valid.
- Orange: There is an issue with this locale that requires your attention. You must fix the issue before you can build resources. See the message for details.
- Red: There is a serious issue with this locale. Remove the locale or try again later. If the issue persists, contact Nuance.
- Gray: Locales are not applicable. This occurs when you build a Mix.dialog resource, since dialog builds include all languages in the project.
- (As required) In NLU Source, choose the domains to include in the model. See the next section for details.
- (Optional) Enter an optional note about this version.
- Click Build.
The build version is created and listed in the Manage tab.
Now that you have created your version, you can use it in an application.
Building a model that includes prebuilt domains
If you have imported one or more prebuilt domains, they are listed in the builds list under NLU Source. To build your model, check the domains you want to include and click Build. Note that not all domains may be supported in the languages configured for your project.
Including a prebuilt domain adds to the time it takes to build a model. Some prebuilt domains are quite large and complex so you may not want to include them if they are not necessary.
Note that the nuance_custom_data source specifies the intents and entities that you have created in the Mix.nlu window.
The Notifications panel displays notifications for your projects. From this tab you can:
- See the notifications for all projects or for the current project
- View completed notifications only, failed notifications only, started notifications only, queued notifications only, or all notifications
- Clear all notifications
Display notifications in the Notifications panel
To view notifications:
- Click the Notifications icon , at the top-right of Mix.dashboard, Mix.nlu, or Mix.dialog.
- Select either All projects or Current project.
- Filter by type of notification: All notifications (default), COMPLETED notifications only, FAILED notifications only, STARTED notifications only, or QUEUED notifications only, if desired.
Status messages appear in chronological order with the latest messages at the top.
Failed notifications contain a link to the Manage tab for all build types. In the Manage tab, you can download an error log of each failed NLU build. The error log is in CSV file format.
Click Clear All to clear all notifications.
To hide the Notifications panel, click the Notifications icon again.
Working with project versions
When you create a new project, it has a version of "master". The master version is the current working version of a project.
Select a project version
You can select a specific project version using one of the following methods:
Open the Details tab and select the project version in the Versions section
Click the project name at the top of Mix.dashboard and select the version:
You can now view the details for this project version or open it in a Mix tool.
Notice how the Mix.nlu and Mix.dialog icons now have a lock icon, indicating that the project version is read-only:
While you will be able to open the project version in Mix.nlu and Mix.dialog, you will not be able to modify it.
Delete a project version
To delete a project version:
- Select the project version.
- Click the Delete icon , upper-right corner of Mix.dashboard.
- Click Delete to confirm.
- You can only delete a project version that does not have children. For example, before you can delete the master version of a project, you must delete all the project versions created from that master.
- You can only delete a project if you are the owner.
This action is permanent. You will not be able to recover your project once you have deleted it.